Sunday, December 07, 2008

Shiraz from Sante India

I guess I really had no idea what I am getting when edinto a dimmed looking wine shop here.
A clerk pulled out this one from a shelf. Shiraz from Kanataka (I think). Asked around in the wine shop here but seems no one has clearly idea where it exactly came from. All I heard is it is a nice wine, with a Rps500 price tag and a layer of dust (not very convincing for sure). And it is even not using a cork. Only thing good is the way they stored it, lflat and at a dark corner (better than the most US wine shop which stands straight with blight light). Anyway..

Turned out it is surprisingly good. I was impressed by the flavor. The level of acid is just about right for a Shiraz. And the bitter and sweetness kicked-in after the initial acid is very pleasant. With roughly $10 bucks, this is definitely money to value.
I am just about the complete my journey here... guess not many changes to try others anymore. But this one, did give me a very good perception for India wine, even they are really not famous at all.

No comments: