Tuesday, November 06, 2007

MDA with strange SIM ---> MAD


Two weeks ago(at the time when I was renting this Envoy), my MDA started losing signal time to time. After a week struggling, it is getting worse and worse. after rebooting and even reformatting my MDA, it kept struggling to get receptions. I was quite concerned since I really don't want to spend another $200 bucks to get a new smartphone, but I also will jeopardize my productivity badly without one.

Then one day I noticed repositioning the SIM card helps, a little. After reposition it, it will quickly find the signal and keep it for a while. After couple hours, it gets back to norm and keep searching for signal, eventually gave up.

Then I replace the SIM card with another phone... what stroke me was, both phones work great!!!.... Damn... but because I use MDA with my company number. I really cannot switch it.

So, I came down to the last option, gave T-mobile customer service a call and ask them to issue me a new SIM card. They were amazed by the issue but agreed to have me replaced it to try out.

I stopped by a local T-mobile shop and pick up a new SIM, put it in.... BANNN...... 5 secs, my MDA is back to full reception! data connection is working too!!! wooopy!

So, we now know that SIM card does affect the reception. It could turn a phone MAD easily....

No comments: