Friday, April 11, 2008

Pontiac Torren



sort of interesting SUV. frankly speaking, I am sort of pleased by the interior and the power I got. the steering is not too bad but the turning radius is horrible. the interior is not bad but I should say removing all these GM common component like the cruise control and radio control on the steeringwheel etc.. they are just horrible. I just cannot believe GM says 'let's use these things cross all car'... they are just in wrong size, at the wrong place and disgusting! even a guy like me with smaller fingers found them difficult to operate. how these 'american size' people do!? only the radio panel is fine. the engine is not bad as I mention, just enough to propell this car smoothly.

my conclusion is 'common component' is a good concept. if you do it right, the benefit is multiple. save on design, manufacturing, service etc... but if you do it wrong, like this, you end up with all undesire products cross the board. no wonder we see the sink of GM.

No comments: