Thursday, June 12, 2008

National Museum of Natural History

Ok... we come in this museum to kill time. Considering all the museums around... this is probably a ok museum for us to come in with toddler to --- kill time.

Only handful things worth mentioning in this museum.

Hope diamon
Have you heard of the Curse of it? Wiki can give some ideas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Diamond
but I saw a TV program couple weeks much more exaggerated than what is in wiki.


Dinosaurs
My daughter used to love dinosours... but however, I guess she don't like the full-scale, real, dinosaur bones.....

Frankly speaking, I cannot grasp exactly the purpose of this museum... the history of nature? which is a vast topic... geology, biology... pretty much what ever you call science or knowledge is about nature, or the historical context of nature... But in fact, this is not a big museum... really cannot compare something at different scale, like British Museum. So, we saw diamond... we saw dinosaur... we saw animals, we saw ancient humen, we saw fish and elephant.. what else? get lost.
(damn... this made me recalled... I did visited British Museum one time.... but I cannot find any photos or records... but I remembered even just a Egypt section killed me, quite a vast collection. sorry for Egypt. )

Oh.. one more thing.. The handicap access sucks... it only have access at one side of the museum (which you will need to go around the whole museum if unfortunate) and the there is no proper paved road to reach that entrance.

No comments: